Prophylaxis Cleaning: Why Do We Need It?

The fact is that on the surface of the teeth there are places hard to be reached — interdental spaces and subgingival space, which are almost impossible to touch with a toothbrush. Also it can cause to build up bacteria on the gums and may lead to tooth loss. For more information regarding this, just visit this site.

Experts have proven that despite a large number of means for the care of the mouth cavity, spotlessly clean the teeth from plaque with their help, you will still fail. The fact is that on the surface of the teeth there are places hard to be reached — interdental spaces and subgingival space, which are almost impossible to touch with a toothbrush. Also it can cause to build up bacteria on the gums and may lead to tooth loss. For more information regarding this, just visit this site.

dental cleaning treatment
When cleaning at home, only 60% of the plaque and food residues are removed, and the remaining 40% of the particles are enough for caries and inflammation of the gums. Moreover, the accumulated plaque is mineralized over time, turning into a brown tartar.

Today, modern dentistry offers hardware methods of professional oral care, and the complex cleaning consists of four stages.prophylaxis cleaning procedure

  • Removal of tartar by the ultrasound;
  • Removal of plaque by the air flow;
  • Polishing the surface of the teeth;
  • Fluoride coating.

Any dentist necessarily advises professional cleaning of teeth to his patients at least twice a year. By the way, the usage of an ultrasonic brush will help to make visits to the hygienist rarer. Professional care not only eliminates plaque and tartar but also prevent the diseases of the oral cavity. Without the help of a hygienist cannot do the owners of implants, braces or various restorations: crowns, veneers, and ceramic lumineers. Orthodontic constructions and teeth with braces require special care. Prophylaxis cleaning is also recommended for those who are planning whitening or dental treatment. It will increase the efficiency of procedures and enable the dentist to detect caries at an early stage.

Among other things, professional hygiene gives a visible aesthetic result: the tooth surface becomes lighter, and the smile as a whole looks very well-groomed. It is no coincidence that after the procedure, many patients even refuse subsequent whitening because they are satisfied with the natural color of the teeth.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *